LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nanotech Stepper Engine

Hello everybody,

for my bachelorthesis I am supposed to programm the control for a stepper engine. We're using Control Units and engines from Nanotech. I managed already to get everything running. I just have two Problems:

first of all, since yesterday somehow the String outputs are mixed up. Eyery time a button is clicked, the outputstring jumps from one window to another. So first the Positon is shown at the positionwindow, then the speedwindow etc. I have no clue what happened and even the old basic version has not that issue and I just can't figure out how to fix it....

The second Problem is, that I have to get the Signal of a position measuring system with a TTL Signal to Labview. Right now I am going via the Encoder input of the CU and its showing in my programm but it somehow is less that it should be. In my oppinion it should show 10000 when I move one cm but its showing 10.

The background to this is that one engine turn is moving the position measure system 19,375mm. This system has a resolution of one Increment per µm. I devided one Rotation into 19375 steps, so one step is equivalent to one µm. Then I adjusted the Encoderresolution to 38750 Increments per turn so it is sure to get every incoming Signal.

In general is the programm maybe a bit confusing, cause in order to porgramm the Nanotech CUs, I needed to use their programm commands. They consist of single letters.

I attached my Programms and the commandoverview of Nanotech.

I'd really appreciate it if anybody could help me out since its my first time using Labview and I have no clue whats wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(790 Views)

Hi NAG,

@NAG28 wrote:

first of all, since yesterday somehow the String outputs are mixed up. Eyery time a button is clicked, the outputstring jumps from one window to another. So first the Positon is shown at the positionwindow, then the speedwindow etc. I have no clue what happened and even the old basic version has not that issue and I just can't figure out how to fix it....

On possible reason might be all those most boolean buttons missing their label! How should LabVIEW know which button is pressed when you deleted all the labels? How do you know (in the block diagram) which button belongs to which case structure???

Seriously: NEVER DELETE THE LABEL OF ANY FRONTPANEL ELEMENT!

Please do the basics LabVIEW Basics courses offered in the Training resources at the top of the LabVIEW board:

• Don't use ArrayToCluster followed by Unbundle to get some array elements: use IndexArray!
  • I recommend FormatIntoString to create all command strings easily…
  • I recommend an event structure to handle UI events: using it correctly will also improve your VI design…
  • Are you sure about the correct formatting of the speed command?
  • What's the point of multplying speed value by 1?

Which "jumping windows" are you talking about?

(In case you are a German user I can recommend the www.labviewforum.de to lower language barriers.)

@NAG28 wrote:

The second Problem is, that I have to get the Signal of a position measuring system with a TTL Signal to Labview. Right now I am going via the Encoder input of the CU and its showing in my programm but it somehow is less that it should be. In my oppinion it should show 10000 when I move one cm but its showing 10.

The background to this is that one engine turn is moving the position measure system 19,375mm. This system has a resolution of one Increment per µm. I devided one Rotation into 19375 steps, so one step is equivalent to one µm. Then I adjusted the Encoderresolution to 38750 Increments per turn so it is sure to get every incoming Signal.

We don't know about that "TTL signal", we don't know about that encoder, we don't know the settings you applied to some "Nanotec CU" (what is that?), there is no division in your VI, there is no value of 19375 in the VI, …

What should we suggest with that little information?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(753 Views)