LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Naming Channels When Writing to TDMS

Solved!
Go to solution

i am acquiring data from multiple DAQ systems and writing them to a TDMS file. My goal is to have set names for each channel which will appear as a header for the data in the TDMS file, but I also want to allow the user to change the channel names if he/she wishes.

The issue I am having is as follows:

I wire a control to the TMDS 'channel names' port. This provides me with a table that I can input channel names into...so far so good.

The issue is that I want to be able to save these channels for when I close the VI, but also make them adjustable on demand. I know that to be able to do this I have to select the 'Make Selected Values Default' Option. Lets say I made the channel names, T0, T1,T2..etc.... once I select the 'Make selected value default' all of the channel names I wrote out are now defaulted to T0(ie, T0 T0 T0 T0), not, T0 T1 T2 etc....

How can I make it so that the straings default to T0, T1, T2 etc, and not T0 T0 T0.

Thank you for your help and time.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,908 Views)
I'm frankly confused by the results of saving the labels to the defaults, but for a short list of labels like that you could save them in the INI file when the program stops and read them back in when the program restarts.

Can you post the code that shows the problem?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,887 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cdialessandro

Do you mean something like this?