LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Named User Events? - NOT using labels

The code I posted will be pure code-time, not run-time. And you are looking for a run-time solution. Remember the trick, but don't take it as a solution for the problem challenge you explain.

If I understand correctly, you need a kind of publish-subscripe pattern (google for that name). So for your n varables, you want to fire an 'event' (not necessarily a LV event, but could be a notifier or queue as well). You have m [0..*] receivers (subscribers).

My suggestion here is that you start writing a definitive spec for that design. Would help us supporting you to design it. You need many-to-many communication or one-to-many? You need lossles transfer? High performance?

Also, I don't know how you want to handle the data at the receiver. Random behavior? Pure Logging?

For the architecture, I think there should be a 'inbetween' element. Thinking about encapsulation, this would be a class encapsulating the messageing. So maybe receiving a queue of value-changed messages, throwing errors/warnings if the queue is above a certain level (running up), keeping track of the 'subscribers'.

Felix

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(234 Views)

Yup.

I'm just winging it and throwing out ideas for insipation.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(224 Views)