cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXG Button Turns Black On Hover

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I have an unwanted behavior when clicking an NXG button, it turns black when the mouse hovers over it. I have nothing in my code telling it to do this. I've changed the true/false color and added multi Boolean text to the button. Anyone have any pointers to get it to not do this? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,960 Views)

Is it just that button?  (If it is, maybe the simple fix is just to replace it.)

Can you supply the button, itself?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,903 Views)
Solution
Accepted by boomer7010

Don't know about NXG, but in classic LV, a button can have 6 picture items:

1. False
  2. True
  3. T->F
  4. F->T
  5. False rollover
  6. True rollover

It could be that the rollover picture items are set to black images. 

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,871 Views)

@boomer7010 wrote:

Hello All,

I have an unwanted behavior when clicking an NXG button, it turns black when the mouse hovers over it. I have nothing in my code telling it to do this. I've changed the true/false color and added multi Boolean text to the button. Anyone have any pointers to get it to not do this? Thanks.

I just noticed the same thing happening today and happened to see this topic.  Paul has the right idea on why this is happening.  With the original NXG button everything is fine.  But when I changed the true color to green using the properties on the appearance tab LabVIEW changed 2 states to black.  I would go with a bug.

Since I already have about 40 buttons with this issue, what would be the best way to correct the issue?  Modifying 1 button at a time does not sound fun.  I am actually using the buttons as status indicators, that is why I was changing the T/F colors.

I am using LV2018 and just tried 2019 SP1 and had the same issue.

Original NXG Button.PNG

Modified NXG Button - T changed to green.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,862 Views)

Sorry for the late reply. It seems the only fix is to create a custom control and change the 2 of 6 colors to the desired colors. Thanks all for the replies.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,815 Views)

Hi all,

I know this topic has been solved, however I have found a solution which doesn't require one to create custom controls. 

I experienced the same issues like mentioned before, NXG buttons turning black when the mouse hovers over it in Labview 2019. You can however change all the colors of a button during runtime with the "Colors[4] Property". I always thought you could just change 4 Colors because of the 4 in the brackets. However, you can actually change more than that. I attached a VI showing the different colors I tested and used myself. This can be useful since you can change the colors dynamically in your code, if this is needed.

Hope this helps someone out there!

Best regards,

Alex

Message 6 of 8
(3,279 Views)

Hello, have we had any official reply from NI on that? I can see that the issue is still not fixed.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,214 Views)

Thank you so much! Setting the 4-color Property with 6 colors solves my problem! 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,625 Views)