From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXG 5 and PlugIn Feature

Zwischenablagebild.jpg

Hi there,

since LV NXG 5 there is this nice feature "plugins". This feature helps to add most used VIs to toolbar. but after adding some libaries i have a question about using.

1) is there a way to add sub-folders inside the plugins containers which will be shown in the toolbar ?

2) is there a way to add a icon to the plugin so i can see quickly whats inside of every box ?

i cant find this feature.

-> By the way - i dont use NXG 5.1 because of much more trouble like 5.0 !!

thanks for helping

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,499 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,442 Views)

hi,

i cant see any comment for adding a special icon to the goal container ..

how to use is not what i searching for. On this page is only discribed how to use but not how to individualize containers.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,429 Views)

Hi, 

something similar there is for NXG 5.1. Could this also be useful for NXG 5.0?

https://www.ni.com/documentation/en/labview/latest/application-builder/creating-a-command-vi-plugin/

Message 4 of 6
(1,423 Views)

Hi,

thanks for this information. This is't what i looking for but very interesting and maybe useful. I will take a look how i can use it.
NXG5.1 runs very instable so i hope this function is working fine under 5.0.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,412 Views)

@DanielKu wrote:

Hi,

thanks for this information. This is't what i looking for but very interesting and maybe useful. I will take a look how i can use it.
NXG5.1 runs very instable so i hope this function is working fine under 5.0.

Just as an FYI, you do understand that LV NXG 5.1 will be the last version of NXG, so whatever you dislike about LV NXG 5.1 won't be resolved.  I'm guessing that if you purchased an NXG license with SSP, you will continue to have support for the duration of the SSP, but I don't know where that goes afterwards.  i.e., can you keep your NXG SSP current by paying TBD amount of money?  And if so, how long before that times out?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,396 Views)