LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXG 2.1 XY Graph Memory Limit

HI All, I am using LV NXG 2.1 web module on Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit.

I am using the HTTP Get command

http://www.ni.com/documentation/en/labview/2.0/node-ref/get/?prodref=LabVIEW-NXG-2.1 

to retrieve data from another (server) computer and display this data into 5 XY Graphs on my local web browser.  However, if the data is too large no data gets displayed at all.  I ran the web module program inside NXG 2.1 and on the output I get java script messages stating cannot enlarge memory arrays etc.  Please see attached image.

Is this the XY graph memory limit.  My local computer limit?  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,678 Views)

Hey geekodude,

Just to clarify, does the error does you get happen when it's both on the server and when it's not? i.e. when you run the code just in NXG 2.1 without hosting it anywhere, do you get the same error?

Additionally, how big is the data that you're reading in? Do you need to run it at full speed? 

Thanks,

Aulia

Aulia V.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,610 Views)

Thanks for the reply Aulia V.  To clarify my NXG 2.1 code sends a GET command to a LabVIEW service (LV2014 on Raspberry PI) and the LabVIEW service retrieves text file data and sends back to NXG code via 1D DBL arrays.  Straight forward data type....  Anyway, after the LabVIEW web service parses the text file, there is a total of nine 1D arrays that are sent back to NXG code.  When NXG code executes I get the memory error.  When NXG code is compiled/built and executed in a web browser, nothing happens.

Now if I decrease the size of the text file (in my case from approximately 16700 lines to approximately 9800 lines) the NXG code works great without the error.  Also the compiled/built code when running in the web browser works as expected also.  So this tells me there is some limit to memory in NXG 2.1 graphs or my local computer memory.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,606 Views)

Hey geekodude,

Thanks for the clarification! Can you post the properties of your computer? Like OS, RAM, basically your computer properties screen/window.

Similarly, if you have the text file by itself, without all of the GET commands, and run the code with 16700 lines, what happens? Can you post the code and text file onto the post so I can try and reproduce? That'll at least narrow it down to NXG limits or computer hardware limits.

Thanks!

Aulia V.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,597 Views)

Attached is the computer info file.  Also unzip the zip file in the path: Documents/LabVIEW Projects..... folder.

Load the project and run XY graphs web vi.   I omitted the GET commands and can reproduce the problem running in NXG 2.1  In my case setting the size to 32000 gives the memory error.  Reducing the size to 16000 everything graphs perfect.  Play around with the numbers and see if you can reproduce the error.  Thanks so much!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,581 Views)

I'm experiencing the same memory limitation issue displaying a 2D array of strings.

The max size of the array is also influenced by how you handle the array and how much text is in it.

Also a size that will run once could fail the second time around without reloading the page.

In the case of the code pictured in the attachment:

29000x1 or 200x200 will run repeatedly.

58000x1 or 240x240 will run once.

Anything bigger, or with more text, the LED will stop blinking and no data is displayed.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,551 Views)

Hi geekodude and RobertoL,

The error message is related to the fixed amount of memory available to NXG 2.1 WebVIs during execution. In this case the total amount of memory a WebVI can consume for all subdiagrams, copies of data on wires, internal functions used for execution, etc is limited to 16 MB of memory. As y'all mentioned the size of the data and how the data is handled on the block diagram does impact how much of the total available memory is utilized during execution.

Milan
Message 7 of 15
(3,514 Views)

Thanks for the reply Milan.  You know of any way to increase the memory size?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,507 Views)

Hello,

Do you guys have any idea about the error above? 

Because I'm experiencing the same error on Labview NXG 3.0.

best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(2,878 Views)

Hi Granado_93,

Can you give us some more info on what you are trying to do when you experience this error?  

DillonL.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(2,847 Views)