From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NPN transistor

Hi Jay,

"now you know what equations am using can you help me ?"

As this clearly is a work assigned by your university it's your job to do the programming.You want to get a university degree, so please do the work needed to get one!

Up to now you did not attach any VI nor did you show any pictures of a block diagram... I will not do any programming work for you and I hope no one else will do. But we will always be happy to assist with code reviews and hints on what to do. You should have noticed all the comments given on your work task.

Please do some work on your own and be assured to get more help for specific problems.

(Links now included in older post.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 40
(738 Views)

Sir,

Am simulatenously working on the .VI. I know the rules and will not go against them. I certainly will do my part of programming. I will soon, very soon post my 1st .vi

Thanks Sir 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 40
(734 Views)

This is the VI which I implemented using the above mentioned 3 equations. The loop is working fine. But then the graph is coming to be a strainght line. Please help. I know this is a very basic try .

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 40
(730 Views)

Hi Jay,

in your loop you only output the last value, so the graph can only show that one very point...

Use a FOR loop instead and use it's autoindexing (then you also don't need the ExpressVI)...

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 40
(727 Views)

Yeah, I figured out the indexing problem. The for loop how and why ?

Now for the XY graph why after 25 is it going backwards. Can you explain me that slope reason !

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 40
(723 Views)

Hi Jay,

have you ever checked to points you're plotting? Then it should be pretty clear!

The array in the VI shows the point coordinates you have calculated. Maybe your equations are much too simple?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 40
(719 Views)

Sir, But why the slope in the XY graph after 25. I need to remove that then for a given value of Ib 20ua the graph in XY is proper but the backward slope.

The equtions are the ones we study and use. What changes in them you think?

And the array points, I checked it using the bulb tab or the highlight execution tab

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 40
(715 Views)

The slope appears to be going backwards because that's the data you're plotting! 

Check out the data outputted from your equations and you'll see the reason for the slope:

NPN Results.JPG 

-CC 

[EDIT] Sorry for the double post - you beat me to it Gerd! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome!"

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 40
(713 Views)

Now is this ok ??

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 40
(707 Views)

Well, all you've done is remove the last 3 data sets from the arrays above! I don't really think this is a solution.

I agree with Gerd - are you sure your equations are complex enough to describe the transistor behaviour?

-CC 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome!"

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 40
(703 Views)