LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOT Enough Memory

Query to Clear ---Can i Conclude that by Putting more than 250000 datas in the Shift register will not cause Memory issue..

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(705 Views)

Hi Jitu,

let's face it:

You have "out of memory" problems with 250k lines of text.

You want to solve that by loading even more lines of text into memory? Seriously?

The filesize isn't really the problem. The problem is your "not perfect" handling of all the data...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(703 Views)

@Jitu32 wrote:

Query to Clear ---Can i Conclude that by Putting more than 250000 datas in the Shift register will not cause Memory issue..

I gneeral, a shift regsiter is one of the most efficient ways to hold data, much more efficient that e.g. holding it in an indicator or control, so yes, if you deal with large amounts of data that needs to be modified in place, a shift register is most efficient.

If you are just indexing data out from an array, there is no need to even use a shift register. A plain tunnel is sufficient. In your case you seem to be looking for unique data, also this cas be done mostly in-place with a simple resize at the end.

Please attach the actual VI instead of pictures. Pictures are useless.

Instead of describing the LabVIEW operations you are doing, please explain instead in simple words what the program is supposed to do. Obvously, you are using the wrong operations and architectures.

The code pictures you are showing seem highly flawed. because e.g. the mode (initialize, take one, write, etc.) cannot change once the inner while loop is running. Please attach the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(678 Views)

Here I am attaching the VI..PLease Suggest imrovement to avoid Not Enough Memory...

DS

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(652 Views)

Hi DS,

it's always nice to help on a password-protected VI...

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(649 Views)

Now the Password is removed

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(647 Views)

Hi jitu,

store the data in just one shift register. No need to keep two copies of your data. Try to get rid of DeleteFromArray. Keep as much as possible "in place".

There's a KB about "Handling large amounts of data". Did you read that?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(644 Views)

So which is the Best and efficient architecture to follow in the coding....

Please suggest and give some simple Vi example also...

As per the Memory issue,I have done the Changes as per your Technical suggestion by remving the Delete from array,extra shift register and not changing the size of the Shift Register.I will Test and let you the know the Performance.

Thanks a Lot....

DS

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(610 Views)