From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NImodbus

hi every bodySmiley Happy

my question is simple:  somebody knows if NImodbus library exsist in version labview 7.0 ??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(5,477 Views)
Hello,

Absolutely no doubt it does exist. The question is where to find it...

I assume you already went on "example code" section of NI website and ended up here, no ?

I've loaded, opened and saved it in LV 7.0, let me know if you can open it now 😉

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 2 of 15
(5,477 Views)
Message 3 of 15
(5,471 Views)
thanks for your reply, but I don't understand it doesn't work, in the serial slave Demon Vi , there's a timed loop who was broken!!!! who can I make my owne loop???Smiley Surprised
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(5,455 Views)

Hello TITOU

I can't found some VIs in your file, for example: MB register manager!!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(5,454 Views)
Ok,

I recompiled all the VIs separately in LV 7.0, let me know if it's working now.

Message Edité par TiTou le 03-28-2006 12:58 PM

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 6 of 15
(5,447 Views)
HI TITOU,
in the MB serial Slave Demon, there's a timed loop broken, have you an idea to make another timed loop ???Smiley Surprised, I have try with a wait until next ms multiple but it doesn't work and my computer was blocked!!! maybe is a problem of period???
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(5,442 Views)
I am surprised...

Here is a screen-shot of the diagram of "slave demon" VI on my computer it works... Could it be that timed loop are different in some way in LV 7.0 ??

Could you post a screen shot of the diagram on your computer ?
And also, on this VI, press "crtl+R" (to run the VI) I know it won't run, but you'll get a window that explain the source of the problem.

Message Edité par TiTou le 03-28-200603:07 PM

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(5,404 Views)

@rogue wrote:

in the MB serial Slave Demon, there's a timed loop broken .  ... I have try with a wait until next ms multiple but it doesn't work and my computer was blocked!!!  ...

rogue,

Did you put the "Wait until next ms multiple" inside the while loop?

=====================================================
Fading out. " ... J. Arthur Rank on gong."
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(5,395 Views)

1.  Timed loops internally call a dll (lvalarms.dll).  Make sure you have this.  See this post for details:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=171430

2.  You should be able to replace the Timed loop with a While loop.  I have done this for the Ethernet Slave demon. 

3.  Finally, from one of your other posts I assume you're using a Modbus Serial device.  So, you should not even have to use the Ethernet version of the Slave.  All you would need is the MB Registers Manager VI.  I may be assuming wrong though. 

Regards,

-Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(5,381 Views)