From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NIScope CPU usage 100% when waiting for trigger

Hello, I'm using a NI 5102 DAQ card and want to acquire single bursts. However when the Multi Fetch.vi is waiting for a trigger (and this can be up to a minute) the CPU usage goes up to 100 %. Is there any way to overcome this?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,731 Views)
Hi,

When I run the vis attached. I get the errors as to the vi is missing.

Also I would suggest you to use wait on ms option in the loop, where you carry out the task.This would enable A wait on the loop programmatically forcing CPU to process other system events when necessary between iterations of the loop.

Please do let me know if this helps.

Best Regards

Atul Wahi
Applications Engineer
www.ni.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,730 Views)
Hi,

Please accept my apologies for the reply I posted earlier.

I have seen that you have used the wait on ms option,as I suggested earlier.

I would be able to provide the feedback once I have been able to get all the missing vis.Please do let me know as soon as possible.

Best Regards

Atul Wahi
Applications Engineer
www.ni.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,730 Views)
Hi,

The missing vi.s are given below as follows:

1)ScopeSUB.vi
2)GeneratorDownloadSUB.vi
3)niScope multifetch measurement stats Peak to Peak.vi.

Please do provide me with these so that I could have a look into the whole program.

Best Regards

Atul Wahi
Applications Engineer
www.ni.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,730 Views)

Yea, Ive noticed the same thing.  The niSope dll in the Fetch.vi grabs 100% CPU if timeout is larger than 1 or 2 seconds. 

Has anyone talked to NI about this?  The problem is in that dll which is polling the PCI Scope Card.  That dll is not giving back any CPU if it waits for more than a second or two.

John Dailing

jdailing@charter.net

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,609 Views)