From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NIPackage | BuilSpecs | Source File Settings [ ReadOnly attribute ]

Hi all, 

I have tried to build a NIPackage using the command window and "nipkg.exe". The issue is the VIs that are deployed through the package are not writable. I have tried the below-mentioned ways to make the VIs writable but still unable to save the deployed VIs. Reference Link for the below methodsNote that the original source file's read-only attribute is false throughout the process. 

Method1: Instruction file is excluded [absent on the disc]. In help manual, it is clearly mentioned that if there is no "Instructions" file the default value of readonly attribute is                          "allWritable".

Method2: I have placed a "Instructions" file by omitting the file extension in the data directory with the below-mentioned content. 
File:    <instructions>
    <targetAttributes bitness="64" readOnly="allWritable"/>
</instructions>

But both the above-mentioned process didn't help in making the files writable. 

Question1: Can we make the deployed VIs writable?
Question2: How can we achieve this If we are building the package using command window operations?
Question3: Also while building an installer, We can mention this property in "Source File Setting" page of the installer build specs. Do we have such option in package build specs?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,743 Views)