LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI9853 CAN0 recive problem with value freezing

Hi all,

I have a problem with reading values from CAN0 on NI-9853 card. I am reciving proper values for few minutes, then reciving freezes for some time and then it starts to read again. The problem appears periodically every few minutes with same period. The question is if this is a problem from card side or from TCU that is transmitting values read by this card?

Used: cRIO-9049. Baud rate is 500 kpbs.

I am attaching screenshots with used code on RT and on FPGA.

CAN dbc config.png

CAN Recive RT.png

   

CAN Recive FPGA.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,333 Views)

Hi all,

I am trying to send values via NI-9853 card with 100Hz frequency. Values are sent properly except that period between each received sample is 0.3s while I expect 0.01s. I have checked timing and this send loop last around 140ms. I would like to know what is possible problem that creates this delay?

Baud rate on CAN1 is 500kpbs.

using cRIO-9049

CAN Send RT.png

CAN Send FPGA.png

  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,330 Views)

Hi MS,

I guess both messages relate to the very same hardware and the very same software…

Why don't you attach your code (aka VI files, including the project file) instead of all those images?

Why don't you handle (or atleast) read errors in the FPGA?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,322 Views)

Hi GerdW,

The problem is that this VI is much bigger and whole project is rather big. And I can't upload everything. About reading FPGA errors it's simple - I forgot ^^ I have uploaded everything what is related to CAN. I did many mistakes on the begginig when I started creating this application and one of it is not to crate modules and main program is horribly big.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,262 Views)

Hi MS,

@R_Z_ wrote:

The problem is that this VI is much bigger and whole project is rather big. …

I did many mistakes on the begginig when I started creating this application and one of it is not to crate modules and main program is horribly big.

You pretty much wrote a conclusion on your own: the main VI is too big, because you did not create "modules".

I guess by cleaning up that mess several problems will be solved automatically!

@R_Z_ wrote:

I have uploaded everything what is related to CAN.

All we got are images.

We cannot debug images using LabVIEW…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,252 Views)