LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI6229 Channel range configuration

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a problem when I use the PCI_6229.The first channel collects millivolts,and the remaining channels collect  cell monomer voltage.So I want to set the first channel range is 0~1v,and the remaining channels range is 0~10v.How do I configure the Card in this situation?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,704 Views)

Hi bhyy,

have you tried to configure the DAQmxCreateVirtualChannel function for each channel as needed?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,607 Views)

According to the spec sheet, the ADC is muxed; thus all channel gains need to be the same, if I understand the question correctly.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,592 Views)

Build a simple x1000 pre-amp for Channel 1.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,578 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bhyy

You *can* configure distinct gains / ranges for the different channels.  Here's a snippet to illustrate GerdW's suggestion in msg #2.

-Kevin P

individual ai gains.png

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 5 of 6
(2,847 Views)

Kevin_price is right, you can set different ranges per channel, BUT be aware you might get some ghosting after switching between channels, depending on your circuit's specifics.

I had an application where I needed to measure 15 channels in the 0-0.1V range, then a 16th in the 0-10V range, and I would see higher voltage than was real after scanning the 10V channel. (Note I was also scanning very quickly- a slower rate will help a lot).

Basically, if the muxed ADC is reading 9 V on something, then it needs to read 0.01 V, it will need some time to "bleed" down to that level. IIRC I was reading at ~50 kHz which resulted in ghosting on the first few channels. Just something to keep in mind.

Message 6 of 6
(2,841 Views)