From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI6009 does not transfer the signal

Hi,

I'm trying to use Labview for conductivity measurement using NI6009, but I cannot see any signal changes from the NI device monitor.

I used a multimeter if the signal went into the NI6009, and there were signal changes. However, there is no changes displayed.

I am wondering if I'm using right board for conductivity measurement.

If so, I would like to know how to set it up properly.

Please give some advice to do that.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(833 Views)

Please elaborate on what you mean by "NI Device monitor", and share more details about how things are connected, what is the expected signal level, what you observe, what you use to observe the measurements (share VI).

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(787 Views)

Thank you for your response.

I could solve the problem for getting the signals as shown in 1.png (this is the NI device monitor).

However, Instacal and Labview could not find NI6009 even though the system recognized it connected.

I'm not sure if it is the VI's problem (attached). Other measurements are working except the one with NI6009.

Should I make Instacal find NI6009 first or need to modify?

Please let me know what to do.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(759 Views)

Good that you shared snippets and VI.

Correction, it is not NI Device monitor, it is DAQmx soft front panel or test panel for that device.

Next, you're using ULx drivers for NI DAQ. FYI - ULx drivers are for Measurement Computing devices and DAQmx is for NI DAQ devices.

Not surprising that you could not select the NI 6009 in the drop-down as you were using an incorrect driver.

Please rewrite your code with DAQmx drivers available in the Functions palette as shown below.

santo_13_0-1634691353554.png

I would highly recommend going through some DAQmx examples as your implementation could be better refined for stable functioning.

Help>>Find Examples

santo_13_1-1634691512910.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(754 Views)