LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI package manager upgrade error

My NI package manager shows warning to upgrade version. when i try to do this showing error messages. How can i avoid this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,207 Views)

Tell us a bit more about your system.  What is the current version of NIPM?  (You should see it when you run it -- look at the list of Installed Packages and find NI Package Manager).  What version(s) of LabVIEW are installed?  What Operating System are you running?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,154 Views)

NIPM - 2017 as per i remembered since now i can't able to check this due to error.

Labview - 2017.0 (both 32 and 64 bit)

Windows - Windows 7 professional 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,121 Views)

From your response, I'm assuming you have only LabVIEW 2017 on your PC.  Here's what I would advise (and would expect to work):

1. Log on as an Administrator, go to Control Panel, and uninstall all National Instruments Software.
  2. Reboot, and check to be sure there are no entries in Control Panel/Programs and Features that says "National Instruments Software".
  3. If there is an entry for NI Package Manager still there, go uninstall it (but only after doing the preceding steps!).
  4. Go to the Web and look for LabVIEW 2017 SP1 Web-Based Installer.  This should be a safe way to install what you need.  My recommendation is to choose the minimal set of routines -- LabVIEW and VIPM, of course, maybe nothing else except Drivers, including DAQmx and NI VISA.  This should install with no problems.  Reboot.
  5. Activate with your License (you may need to put it in as part of the Installation procedure).  See if LabVIEW runs.
  6. If you do need additional Modules, Toolkits, or Drivers (and have the license for them), you can run the Web-Based Installer again and specify the additional packages.

I've forgotten the situation with LabVIEW 2017, but I know that if you do this with LabVIEW 2016, you do not get NIPM.  

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,099 Views)

Offline update package installed and problem solved

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,063 Views)