LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI myrio-1900 product operating range under maximum shock

Solved!
Go to solution

Since I do not know where to ask this question, I am asking here, if anyone can ask this question, I would be very glad if they can help. Is there anyone who can help?
-How much g-force can the NI myrio 1900 product continue to run under? (Example: 10g or 20g)

I would be glad if anyone can help if anyone knows the correct address to ask this question.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(1,221 Views)

I'm surprised to not find it in the product specs.  I guess you can drop it off the top of the Empire State Building and be able to use it.  On a serious not, I guess you'd have to call up NI to see.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(1,206 Views)

I could not find the answer to this question anywhere.

I'm still struggling for an answer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(1,173 Views)

You called your NI rep?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(1,162 Views)

As I recall from my days of Freshman Physics, "Answer Analysis reveals that the Question is Wrong!"  [This is an actual quote from one of my classmates].

You asked about "g-force".  "g" is a unit of acceleration.  When a mass undergoes an acceleration, a "force" is involved.  Some guy named Newton had an equation for this:  F = m a.

The myRIO contains a 3-axis Accelerometer.  The specifications for the myRIO clearly states that the myRIO Accelerometer's range is ±8 g.

The specification also states that the myRIO weights 193 g (this "g" is "grams", not the "unit of Earth gravity, g" at the end of the previous paragraph).  I leave it to you to estimate the "force" a myRIO exerts on the table on which it is placed.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(1,155 Views)

Mr. Bob_Schor
My question is whether the myrio device will work at sudden high accelerations. Because some electronic boards may not work in sudden shocks they are exposed to.
I'm not asking the limit of the accelerometer, I don't know that the limit of the accelerometer is 7,996xxxg anyway.

Thanks for your answer anyway.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(1,151 Views)

The myRIO is designed as a Teaching/Learning platform for the Academic market (think Engineering undergraduate and graduate students, and Faculty).  It is not expected to be submitted to high-g "shocks" (though it might be dropped onto a desktop, I suppose).

I don't expect many low-cost NI DAQ devices (such as the myRIO, myDAQ, USB-600x, etc.) are designed for high-g mechanical shocks.  If I were looking for a suitable high-g sensor, I'd "look for a suitable high-g sensor", and would not think to use a "normal" DAQ device in such a situation.  I would also not deliberately drop them from a few-meter height onto a rigid surface (like a concrete floor).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(1,120 Views)

What I want to ask is not mechanical shock. I'm asking about the G-force limit caused by sudden acceleration and deceleration. But thank you for your answer. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(1,113 Views)

@constructionworker wrote:

What I want to ask is not mechanical shock. I'm asking about the G-force limit caused by sudden acceleration and deceleration. But thank you for your answer. 

Hmm.  Your Forum name suggests you may have familiarity with tools like a jackhammer, and might be wanting to measure "sudden acceleration and deceleration", a.k.a. "vibration".  My advice, if you are truly worried about stressing the myRIO's components, purchase an accelerometer or shock sensor and connect it to your myRIO using a flexible cable that isolates the myRIO from the device-under-test.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(1,098 Views)

Thank you for your wonderful reply and opinion. Trying to find an answer cheaper 🙂 I already know that it can be tested with the accelerometer. Thank you again for your nice idea.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(1,092 Views)