From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI dll's

Does anyone know why NI has a version of System.Management.dll and how its used? I've noticed it is deployed with my installers (runtime?). Does this update with each new version? Is it possible to use this for my own purposes? Has anyone tried? Succeeded? (System.Management.ni.dll)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,001 Views)

Everybody does develop their own assemblies and the naming is whatever the developer chooses. So the fact that is is called System.Management.ni.dll might not exactly mean what you think it does. If it is a helper library for the NI software it will do whatever NI wants it to do and the name of it is simply whatever the developer of that assembly chose.

Can you use it? Only really if NI has documented it and wants others to use it, which they may not.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(973 Views)

Thank you rolfk.

My assumption was a derivation of the .NET framework inclusive of the source with additional classes added for ni's purposes. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(956 Views)

It probably is an assembly with derived classes from that, but we don't know, and those assemblies are simply used by some of the NI tools. They are generally not documented and not meant to be called by your code either.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(941 Views)