LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI daq assistant is not available

I have the studen edition of labview 2014 and i downloaded it with the Ni-daq 14.1
I do not have the NI daq assistant in my I/O choices which is something i need from what i saw in the tuturoial.

My other issue is that my two devices, the NI 9181 chassis and the NI 9403 I/O card are not recognized by labview and I am curious if I am missing a certain driver or if there is simply an error in the student version of labview 2014.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,309 Views)

Did you install DAQmx after you installed LabVIEW?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,295 Views)

initially yes, would this be a problem if it was the other way around?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,284 Views)
Yes, It would be a problem the other way around.
Message 4 of 9
(3,274 Views)

@yamifalco wrote:

initially yes, would this be a problem if it was the other way around?

Yes it would be.  When you install DAQmx, it detects which versions of LabVIEW are installed and then installs the support files for those versions.  If you installed LabVIEW after DAQmx, then DAQmx would never install those support files.  You can just simply reinstall DAQmx and it will only install things that need to be added (ie the LabVIEW support), making the install a lot faster.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,235 Views)

This sadly did not fix my problem, daq assist is still not there in the I/O section.

Also it says that the instument assistant can not be used because it was not installed properly and wants me to use the lab view CD which, I do not have since I am using the student edition.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,199 Views)

It sounds like something still isn't quite right in your installation.  Would it be possible to uninstall both LabVIEW and DAQmx, and then reinstall both in the correct order?  It can be a little time-consuming, but it's likely that it will solve the problem.

Also, make sure you reboot your computer when prompted by the installer.

Regards,
Kelly B.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,169 Views)

If that doesn't work, can you show a screenshot of your "software" section in MAX?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,154 Views)

@natasftw wrote:

If that doesn't work, can you show a screenshot of your "software" section in MAX?

I would do that before starting any uninstalls.

Do it again after if you are still having issues.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,145 Views)