LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI cDAQ-9172 modules not found

Hello,

I am running LabVIEW 8.6 on windows XP. My NI cDAQ-9172 is recognized, but the modules NI 9205 and NI 9211 are not recognized. Solution?

Thanks,

-Natalie

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,254 Views)

Update your DAQmx to the last version supported by Windows XP.  This chart says that's version 15.5.1.

If that doesn't work, there's a possibility that you can't use those modules without a more recent version of Windows.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,250 Views)

Hi nsmit106,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry you are having troubles with your module.

There are a number of things that could cause this problem. The first thing I'd recommend, is to try your modules in different slots in your chassis. Make sure the backplane pins are not bent. Second, you can try running a self-test on the chassis. This can reserve the modules in the chassis, if they already aren't. Finally, upgrading your DAQmx is always a good idea, as Kyle97330 suggested. I checked here for his recommendation on if the modules aren't supported with your OS/windows and they should be.

Good luck!

Keddy C.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,194 Views)

Hi dear Keddy.

My name is Alvaro and I'm owner of a Chassis NI - 9188 and NI - 9234 Modules.

I have the same problem in this topic. NI MAX can't find my modules.

How "running a self-test on the chassis" ? please explain me better.

Other question is:

I want to connect a MEMS accelerometer (see attachment) to a cDAQ - 9188 but I am not pretty sure of what kind of C series module should I use. I need to be able to measure vibrations from 0 to 100Hz. The C series specific modules for vibration are 9232 and 9234 but I have read that NI 9215 can be a better choice for MEMS sensors. I am not used to handle with accelerometers so I am not sure of what parameters should I take into account for the C series selection.

Thanks for advance

Alvaro

Pensando siempre en Innovación y Tecnología
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,032 Views)

I answered your other thread but you need to install proper version of DAQmx in order for NI MAX to recognize the modules. Then you will see self test and other buttons once the modules are recognized.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,008 Views)