cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI WSN 3226 power consumption

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm using a NI WSN 3226 node with a  WSN 9791 wireless gateway. I have a issue with power consumption. 

Using four AA batteries, the node should last up to 3 years with a sample interval of 60 s (I'm using 300 s sample interval), but the battery died in about 1 to 2 months.

I am using the node as RTD  end node and I configured the sensor as the attached image.

As far as I'm concerned, using the sensor as end node, it should sleep most of the time even though I'm not using this event-based execution framework shown here http://www.ni.com/white-paper/9006/en/

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,264 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Granado_93

Hey, Granado. How is it going?

That looks really odd, because the period that you mentioned (1 to 2 months) is the worst case scenario in the benchmark tests NI performed with WSN-3226.

Although when using a the Node as an end node it should sleep most part of the time without the even based execution, I encourage you to try implementing the code suggested on the Benchmark artice I mentioned earlier. As they mention: "Although other factors can influence the battery life of WSN nodes, only the radio usage was investigated in this benchmark, as the radio has the most significant power consumption of all components on the node."

I would also recommend a double check on the batteries you're using. the WSN-3326 User Guide (page 29) mentions the battery types and some models suggested. Make sure you're using a similar type of battery.

Best,

Felipe Flores
Applications Engineer II
National Instruments Brazil

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,217 Views)

Thanks for the reply!

I'll check all the settings again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,210 Views)