Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Variable Engine Service Stops in Windows 7 64 bit

Solved!
Go to solution

Operating System: Windows 7 (64 Bit)

Labivew Version 9.

I configured few Boolean Inputs and Out puts and One Analog Input (Double) for monitoring purpose. I am using Mitsubishi OPC Server with Labview 2009. (It was working fine for more than a year)

When I delopy the Variable Libray it works fine for approximately 1 minutes and then NI Variable Engine Service STOPS. (As Shown in Attached files)

But If i remove the Analog Input, The Variable Does not Stop and works fine.

In first Attempt i Repaird the Labview  and 2nd attempt Re-installed the Labivew 2009 as well as Windows but problem still same.

If its installation problem then why it works for Booleans

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,584 Views)

When a computer program stops working, it is either Hardware or Software that is usually the problem.  You have us a little about your hardware (Mitsubishi OPC Server, whatever that is), but nothing about the relevant software (namely your LabVIEW code).  You need to attach your VI (or, if there are multiple VIs, compress the folder that contains them all and attach the ZIP file).

The problem is almost certainly not Windows 7 (64-bit) (most of us have been using this system over the past 5-6 years) nor LabVIEW 2009 (I presume that's what you mean by Version 9).  Are you running 32-bit LabVIEW or 64-bit LabVIEW?  Where is the Shared Variable Library housed, on your PC or somewhere else?

We need more information if we are to be truly helpful.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,575 Views)
You are right I never face this problem before with same installations of software and hardware. I am running labview 32 bit on windows 7 64 bit (but same installation on other computers and there is no problem).

As I previously mentioned the problem comes with Analog values Only. With boolean it's OK.

How to install labview 64 bit (as there is no option to select labview 32 or 64). IF we install labview it installs 32 bit.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,512 Views)

You probably do not want to install 64-bit LabVIEW.  I'd venture to guess that 95% of the LabVIEW PC installations, particularly those done in the last eight years, have been 32-bit LabVIEW on 64-bit Windows (and probably mostly on Windows 7).  The exceptions would be older installations on 32-bit Windows XP.

Short of one of us coming to visit you and poking around ourselves (difficult, as we don't know where you are located -- maybe just "down the block" ...), we need a lot more information than pictures (.jpg) of a subset of Windows Services.  Have you used the Distributed System Manager to examine the Shared Variable Engine, see if you can access the Variables, examine their values?  We still don't know much about the topology of your network, nor even where the SVE is housed, and we certainly haven't seen any LabVIEW code (please, no .jpgs or other non-executable pictures, post executable code, easiest if they are VIs) involved with Shared Variables.

I know I said "Suspect the Hardware", but, yes, it might be the Software, too.

Bob Schor 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,487 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author M_Atif
Does windows event monitor have any additional information as to why the service stopped? If you create a new project with a library hosting boolean and double variables does that also stop after one minute?

Can you also tell us more about the double in question. Is it a normal SV or is it bound to an OPC tag? If you unbind it will the SVE go down after a minute?
Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,466 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author M_Atif
Thanks all. I just reconfigured new variable library in labview and deployex and it's working fine (but it's a reconfiguration of variables) and it's works.
Labview is amazing.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,433 Views)