LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI VISA and Signal Express - Error -1073807202

Solved!
Go to solution

So I did a search on this very common error that I'm also having, see error1.jpg. So one of the responses was to try and make an installer which I'm trying to do, see error2.jpg. I hope that is the right thing to check to fix the error (nobody said in the previous posts that I read). Then it asks me to find Signal Express. So I get out my DVD of Labview 8.5.0 and point it to the location (J: drive), see error3.jpg. But then Labview tells me that it is an invalid location. I mean WTF? I'm getting really annoyed by now and do another search of the forums. I find a post that says to look in MAX to see where Signal Express is located. So I do that and then put that location into the installer builder dialog box. Guess what it tells me, see error 4.jpg. So now what do I do????

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,871 Views)
Edited to add fourth error jpg. Computers are not liking me today....
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,869 Views)

Are you getting error 1 when running an application on a deployment computer? If so I would first check that both the LabVIEW RunTime Engine and the VISA drivers are installed on the deployment computer, if missing, both are available online at ni.com/support.

If you would like to build an Installer, you can probably get around the distributions issue by reinstalling the VISA drivers from the web rather than your CD, this should repair the drivers so the distributions can be found locally.

Scott

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,823 Views)

Are you getting error 1 when running an application on a deployment computer?

Yes, the error happens when I install the application (using the installer I built) on both the inhouse deployment computer and the computer of a customer I sent the application to.

I checked the deployment computer and the RunTime Engine is installed, but I see no referance to VISA. Surely you're not suggesting that I ask my customer (and any other customer who requires the application) to go to ni.com/support to download the 28.5 MB file (if my memory is correct) for the VISA drivers just to talk to a com port. So I need to fix my installer.

So I have a couple of questions.

Has this distribution problem been fixed in LabView 8.6.1? I have a copy just never installed it as I saw no real need to upgrade since my system so far has been working.

Did I check the right box, NI-VISA Runtime, (for Signal Express) to get the installer to include the VISA drivers?

I would like to get the next version right as I'm sure my customer has a reduced opinion of me for sending him a program that doesn't work.

Jim 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,806 Views)
You need to include the NI-VISA driver as part of your installer / build process. 
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,802 Views)
And how do I include the NI-VISA driver as part of my installer? Which little check box so I check to do so? Is it the one shown in Error 2.jpg? I don't see an option for "NI-VISA driver" in the list of additional installers, again see Error 2.jpg.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,792 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Skydyvr

The box ticked in image 2 is correct, you can find more information about why your installer needs these distributions here:

Why Do I Get A "Missing Distribution" or "Distributions Needed" Error When Trying to Build an Installer?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C3666BA408F81E59862570D20056E692?OpenDocument

If your having trouble locating the distributions try re installing the main drivers DAQmx VISA and also Signal Express, this way you should know exactly where the distributions are.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 7 of 8
(3,773 Views)

Upgrading to LabView 8.6 helped solve the issue. One thing I noted though: I used a default setting of COM2 and the deployment computer did not have a com2 port. This caused the exe program to issue the same error message. By changing (selecting from the drop down list) to a valid com port, the program runs fine.

It just makes me wonder why NI's files seem to get corrupted more than any other program out there.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,613 Views)