LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-VISA Runtime 5.4.1 issues on installer.

Solved!
Go to solution

All,

I have an issue that I hope you can help me with. I have a user that I am trying to run an installer for Labview 2012 with NI Runtime 5.4.1. When I run the installer with the NI-VISA Runtime 5.4.1 checked, I get an error that states this:

"Unsupported version of NI-VISA detected" A version of NI-VISA that is not supported on this operating system has been detected. You must cancel this installation and uninstall the older version before continuing. Visit ni.com/info and enter the Info Code CleanVista for more information.

I went there but I didn't see a issue with the problem I am having. All the other PCs that have the installer installed with VISA installed just fine with no issues. When I do not select the VISA Runtime, the installer works correctly. I need this part of the installer so I can communicate with the COM port on a laptop that is a 32 bit Windows 7 sysetm. My PC is also 32-bit Win7.

I thought of downloading the VISA_540runtime.exe as a separete install but it states that is a unsupported Win32 application??

I did create a log file but I do not know what I am looking for. Can someone help or narrow the cause?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,590 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eric1977

Resolved my issue. I didn't realize that Labview had already been installed and a previous version of VISA was also installed. I removed this and the Labview version and re-ran the Installer without a hiccup.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,561 Views)