From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-VISA Installer check box not selectable

Hello, I am trying to run a Vi on mac osx that has been made into an .app. I've installed the LabVIEW2016Runtime first without any errors or problems. However, when I try to run the NI-VISA_Runtime_16 I get to the  "installation type" step and the package is not selectable and has skip listed under action. There doesn't seem to be any way to get around it. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? I will attach a screenshot of the installer as well. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,908 Views)

Hello, I am trying to run a Vi on mac osx that has been made into an .app. I've installed the LabVIEW2016Runtime first without any errors or problems. However, when I try to run the NI-VISA_Runtime_16 I get to the  "installation type" step and the package is not selectable and has skip listed under action. There doesn't seem to be any way to get around it. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? I will attach a screenshot of the installer as well. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,908 Views)

Hi,

What happens when you try to install just NI-VISA 16?
You can find it in the following link: http://www.ni.com/download/ni-visa-16.0/6186/en/

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,856 Views)

Hey Jlya,

I agree with nath05 about downloading NI-VISA 16. If that does not work you might try downloading a newer version of the runtime as long as the version of LabVIEW is still compatible with the runtime. I have attached the link to NI-VISA 17 runtime.

NI-VISA Run-Time Engine 17.0

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-visa-run-time-engine/6699/en/

Gerald M.
Applications Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,850 Views)