LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-VISA Driver Wizard is missing from my computer?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am using LabVIEW 2014 and 2015.

I want to create a driver for a Zebra printer uising the NI-VISA Driver Wizard, but it is apparantly missing from my PC.

My co-worker has it, but I do not.

What do I download and re-install to correct this issue?

The folder it should be in, I think is: C:\Program Files (x86)\IVI Foundation\VISA\WinNT\NIvisa

Veni Vidi Duci
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(9,346 Views)

Do you have the full NI-VISA install or just the runtime?

Here is the full install: http://www.ni.com/download/ni-visa-15.0.1/5693/en/

Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(9,304 Views)

I downloaded the full version yesterday, I am pretty sure I installed it yesterday. I will run it again to be sure.

I also tried to install the IVI foundation and the VISA runtime.

Ultimately I used my co-workers version to create the drivers, but I don't understand where the driver wizard would have gone.

Edit:

When I run the program, it pretty much tells me that it cannot install much since it's already installed.

Veni Vidi Duci
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(9,300 Views)

I am guessing probably you forgot to install it (it happens).

See this thread, where something similar happened: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/How-to-start-NI-VISA-Driver-Development-Wizar...

Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(9,296 Views)
Solution
Accepted by JÞB

Well, I downloaded the 15.0.1. I used 15.0 yesterday.

Anyway, I get the same issue where it says the feature is installed and will not install it. I suppose I just have to uninstall first before re-installing. I will try that later tonight.

1.png

2.png

Veni Vidi Duci
Message 5 of 11
(9,290 Views)

I would do a repair install first before doing a full uninstall/reinstall.  You do that through the Control Panel > Programs and Features.  Locate the National Instruments entry and click 'Unistall/Change' and then select NI VISA X.X.X (where the X.X.X is probably 15.0.0 in your case), and then press 'Repair'.

Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(9,286 Views)

I tried a repair. That didn't work.

The program is located in the IVI Foundation folder, C:\Program Files (x86)\IVI Foundation\VISA\WinNT\NIvisa, correct?

There is also no link to it in my start menu.

Veni Vidi Duci
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(9,275 Views)

Not as if I actually knew anything but ...

This couldn't be a Windows 10 issue could it?

Just ignore me if it not Windows 10.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(9,260 Views)

@Ben wrote:

Not as if I actually knew anything but ...

This couldn't be a Windows 10 issue could it?

Just ignore me if it not Windows 10.

Ben

No sir, Windows 7.

I plan to do a clean install before the end of the weekend when I have more time.

If that doesn't work, then something is seriously wrong.

Plus, all the notes I see about the program is it is located in Start>Programs>National Instruments>VISA

Not to nitpick, but I have no such folder and I would assume it would be in NI-VISA.

Veni Vidi Duci
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(9,238 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DB_IQ

After working with tech support, we added the driver wizard by going using the install repair to add the driver wizard in NI Visa 16.0.0

Odd, that, since I did that before.

But it's ok. It works now. So this one is closed. Thanks.

Veni Vidi Duci
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(8,828 Views)