LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-VISA 16 on windows 10 64-bit Driver power state failure

Hello!

I 'm new here and I have problem after installing NI-VISA 16 on my Computer on Windows 10 64-bit. After installation windows 10 starts with blue screen and Driver Power State Failure. I want VISA for serial port communication only. When uninstall VISA Runtime Engine windows starts Normally.

Help please!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(5,162 Views)

Tell us more.

• What version of LabVIEW (2016? 32-bit? 64-bit?, none?) did you install?
  • What device drivers did you install?
  • Are you only installing Run Time Engines?  If so, what "bittedness"?
  • What are you trying to accomplish?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(5,152 Views)

I 'm Running Labview 2016 32 bit on Windows 10 64 bit System and I want VISA to enable communication with serial port RS-232 for a simple project with arduino. I know how to do it but when I install NI-VISA drivers 16 and restart my computer then my computer starts wit blue screen and driver Power state failure. I have already try to install onlyNI-VISA installation b serial port drivers during ut nothing happens. When I make a clear install of NI-VISA drivers and not restarting my computer, drivers of serial port works perfectly until restart my computer and blue screen appears. I have try the same with Labview 2016 64 bit installed on my computer with the same results. When I uninstall (in safe mode) NI-VISA RunTime Engine windows 10 boot up normaly after uninstallation.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(5,147 Views)

Can you copy the text of the bluescreen (e.g. Driver_IRQ_not_less_or_equal) in this thread?

From the sounds, it could be connected to a BIOS issue. How old is the computer? Have you done a BIOS update since you own the computer?

Do you see any Windows related text on screen (e.g. Starting Windows) before the bluescreen or is the BSOD (bluescreen of death) immediate?

Norbert

EDIT: Removed question which was already answered with previous post

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(5,140 Views)

OK.  I'm a little confused on your installation, as I've never installed NI VISA 16 before.  What I've done is installed LabVIEW 2016, which includes the installation of the Device Drivers from the August 2016 distribution.  This latter step provides a whole series of devices drivers that I can install.  Is this what you are doing?

I've done numerous installs in this fashion (may a hundred if you include earlier releases) and have never experienced a problem similar to what you describe.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(5,137 Views)

That's a clue. When I'm installing Labview 2016 I skip the step of installing Device Drivers and then I install Device Drivers downloading VISA forn NI. I' will try to make a fresh install of Labview without skip the step of installing Device Drivers during Labview Installation.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(5,133 Views)

Hello again. I have make a clean installation of labview 2016 32bit on windows 10 64 bit system and after that I made installation of Device Drivers (DAQmx). After reboot my computer the Driver Power State Failure and blue screen apears again. The same problem when I install NI-VISA Drivers on the same system. My system is a laptop HP Envy touchsmart with Intel i-5 and 4 GB Ram DDR3. Is there is something with my hardware or BIOS compatibillity with NI VISA or DAQmx Drivers?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(5,097 Views)

Again: What does the bluescreen exactly state?

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(5,074 Views)

Just a blue screen with a message DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE. There is no other info about this. Here is an image!img_579b1aba194bd.png

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(5,066 Views)

If you are not using english regional settings, please set the regional settings of the system to English(USA) before installing NI VISA.

I request this as i found only spanish postings describing a similar issue. So i can imagine that regional settings and localization issues might be involved in that failure.

In case this doesn't help, please contact the local NI branch for a service request and include the crash dumb which is created (as the screen tells us!).

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(5,057 Views)