LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Update Service - Where are the files?

Hello,

i just installed the newest versions of teststand and labview and run after this the NI Update Service.

There i downloaded a lot of fixes and updates. The installation was no problem.

No i wonder if the downloaded files are deleted after installation or if they are still stored somewhere?

Thanks for help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,331 Views)

Files are stored here:

C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\Update Service\Installers

I believe that once installed, they are deleted. I say that because I no longer see my previous updates. Someone may correct me if wrong.

Message 2 of 7
(4,314 Views)

Update Service does download to that location. You can change the download directory in Preferences.

If an Update Service session fails for any reason (e.g. downloading fails, installation fails, etc.) you will be asked if you want to save or delete the partially downloaded or partially installed updates. If you select delete, then the updates for that session will be deleted. Otherwise, Update Service does not delete updates that are installed successfully.

LaRisa Mohr
Staff Product Support Engineer - NI Update Service
National Instruments R&D
Message 3 of 7
(4,300 Views)

LaRisa,

Thanks for the clarification.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,286 Views)

...and how do i know which of the directories in this location conatins which update?

They all have nesrly the same name only with different date in name. But no idea what it contains.

Thx

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,274 Views)

Inside each folder, there is a folder named "updates". Look inside that and you will see folder(s) with a names that gives a strong clue on what the update is. Go check it. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,267 Views)

I've just looked in that folder on my PC and it doesn't delete the installers after it's finished with them.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,863 Views)