LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Update Service Error on Windows 7 boot

Every time I boot my Windows 7 Pro SP1 (fully updated) laptop, I am greeted with an Application Error window from NI Update Service. Often this appears before Windows desktop has even shown, I've often still got the "Welcome" message on screen. The error code is 0xe0434352. I've searched the forums but see no identical issue from anyone else.

NIUpdateService_Error_on_boot.jpg

If I then manually launch the NI Update Service it works fine. It only seems to have a problem being automatically launched on Windows boot up.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,602 Views)

I am also running Windows 7 Pro (x64) with LabVIEW (for several years!), and have not seen this behavior.

What Versions of LabVIEW have you installed on your machine?  What Modules and Toolkits are you using?  When did you install the most recent version?  When did you start seeing this behavior?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,566 Views)

Hi Bob,

Sorry for not being clear. I have LabVIEW 2017 32-bit installed (Win7 64bit), which I installed about four weeks ago. There are existing older LabVIEW versions still installed. I inherited this laptop from my predecessor. MAX screenshot:

MAX_Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,556 Views)

Aha.  Having blown out two Windows 10 x64 systems with earlier versions of LabVIEW when I tried to install LabVIEW 2017, I vowed to not install it on my Work PC until at least LabVIEW 2017 SP1 is released (and, even then, maybe not ...).  Others have been successful, but I, yesterday, was forced to resort to the Sure Fire Way To Recover From a Bad LabVIEW Install, which starts "Step 1 -- reformat the C: Drive".

I will say that on brand new systems (I've done this most recently in VMs, but have also tried this in a "lightly-loaded" PC in a Teaching Lab), I have had success installing LabVIEW 2017 after LabVIEW 2016 was installed.  But I also have two "bad" experiences, and they were on my two home PCs ...

Incidentally, our systems look similar, except I installed LabVIEW RealTime and LabVIEW Vision Development Module (and IMAQdx Drivers).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,544 Views)