LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USB 7856R

Hi all,

I installed Labview 13, FPGA module 13, MAX 15 and RIO 14.

I have connected NI USB-7856R DAQ. According to MAX, the device has been installed successfully. However it is not detected in the Labview. Please let me know what may be the possible reason for this.

Thank you

Regards

Pratik 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,282 Views)

@pratikpade wrote:

However it is not detected in the Labview.  

Hi Pratik,

Can you expand on this? If NI MAX can talk to a device, that is almost as good talking to it with LabVIEW code as far as establishing communications is concerned. If you can post what your NI MAX screen looks like and whatever code you are trying to run in LabVIEW, that would be helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,262 Views)

Thanks for helping me out greg.

I am new to both labview and DAQ, thus I don't completely understand why there are problems. I have attached the image of my MAX for your reference. Previously I had messed up about the compatibiltiy of the softwares. However I have taken care of it and all the softwares used are compatible with LV 13. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,258 Views)

Hi Pratik,

So now what is the problem you are having? Is there a LabVIEW VI you're trying to run?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,228 Views)

Hi pratikpade

In order to add NI USB-7856R in to your labview program you have to create a blank project. Then right click on my computer in your project, then select New--> Targets and Devices. Select Existing Devices and Target  and you will be able to see and select your USB device and then you can create your fpga  and host program.

CLD Using LabVIEW since 2013
Message 5 of 10
(3,219 Views)

Hi Kartik,

I tried that thanks. However there a few developments now. Initially I am trying to use the DAQ assistant but it is unable to detect my device (although it is correctly installed in MAX). I also tried several times re installing RIO, DAQmx and MAX but the problems persists. Can you suggest the cause of error or any other way to access my device without using DAQ assistant?

Thanks

P.S: My aim is to acquire analog signal from a sensor attached to my DAQ and plot it on a graph

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,206 Views)

You can't use the DAQ Assistant or DAQmx to talk to that device.  It is not s DAQ device.  It is an FPGA.

You need to follow kartiknattar's advice and create an FPGA project.

Message 7 of 10
(3,202 Views)

Hi KNIGHT OF NI,

Thanks for your response. I made an fpga project. PFA. Does it look ok?

I further want to build a vi to acquire an analog signal from the FPGA device and plot in on a graph. any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,181 Views)

Search the Example Finder for "FPGA".  There will be numerous examples.  I'm thinking StreamingData.lvproj would be a good one, but there are others that might be better.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,175 Views)

Thanks. I didn't knew about the exaple finder. I will look for appropriate examples.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,162 Views)