LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USB 6212 - temperature and voltage measurement

Hello,

I am very new with LabView. I need to record few  temperature data using K and T type thermocouples  and also voltage of a battery. 

When I selected CJC source as built in , following error is showing :

Error -200077 occurred at DAQ Assistant
Possible Reason(s):

Requested value is not a supported value for this property. The property value may be invalid because it conflicts with another property.
Property: AI.Thrmcpl.CJCSrc
Requested Value: Built-In
Possible Values: Constant Value, Channel
Channel Name: Temperature

I selected constant value and select the reference temperature at 25 oC , It was not working , After that I fixed the reference temperature at 0 degree Celsius, It was not working,

I have used channel as CJC type, and I have selected one thermocouple as constant , and for another thermocouple I chose channel and refereed the first one as CJC channel.

Unfortunately nothing worked.

Could you please suggest me , how can I sort out of this problem using NI USB 6212 ? or what would be the best possible solution to measure the temperature using Ni DAQ? 

Thanks,

Masuma

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,122 Views)

Hi Masuma,

your NI6212 does not support a CJC channel.

It's a "plain" DAQ device able to measure voltages…

You might use your device to measure TC-J/TC-K voltages (using the ±0.2V measurement range), but usually you should use a DAQ hardware made special for TC measurements!

(I also recommend to get rid of the DAQAssistent and use simple DAQmx functions instead.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,109 Views)

Hi,

In this case,

can I use NI USB 6251 BNC Screw with a help of any electronic ice point or SC-68?

Looking for your reply.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,069 Views)

Hi Masuma,

with a help of any electronic ice point or SC-68?

You can use external sensors as reference…

What is a "SC-68"?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,063 Views)