cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USB 6008 channel list population

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am using labview 2011 version. I have been working with USB 6008 from two months but i was encountered a error constantly even if i restart or shutdown the PC for a while. I have connected asensor to my 6008 AI0 channel and DAQ Assistant is not at all populating the available analog channels. Please some one help out. Since It  was worked well for one month but not today.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,852 Views)

Since from yesterday it was not resolved. Please help me. When try to initialize the DAQ assistance, it is not at all populating the channels. Please help me.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,818 Views)

Since it was from three days, My DAQ assistance is not at all populating channel list. But the DAQ unit is worked well with another desktop. Please help me, What was the issue with my PC. It worked for a month on my PC but not from three days. Please, I wasted my time lot. Someone help me.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,802 Views)

Hi Shjukheter,

I think first you check your DAQ device in MAX. If the device is working fine in your MAX(Self Test) then no issue with your configuration or system. If you face some issue in MAX share the error code. In any error condition you have to unistall and again install the DAQmx.

Thanks and Regards
Himanshu Goyal | LabVIEW Engineer- Power System Automation
Values that steer us ahead: Passion | Innovation | Ambition | Diligence | Teamwork
It Only gets BETTER!!!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,798 Views)

Thank you so much for your help. I Checked this yesterday after reading some threads in forum but I did not found any DAQmx task in "Data neighborhood option". I checked this today morning also and it does not lists any thing.

Also, I verified the same USB6008 wit my another system which Installed with LV2009 and its works very well in MAX and with DAQ Assistance. See the below image which taken from my PC. If I want reinstall this DAQ Assistance, where can I get this installation file.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,788 Views)

Looking under tasks is not the place you should first look. The device should be under 'Devices and Interfaces'. If you don't have any devices listed, you obviously will not have any channels to select from.

The DAQ Assistant is installed as part of DAQmx. You can first try doing a repair.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,770 Views)

Yes, I try to repair my DAQmx but unfortunately I don't have CD's at the moment. Is there any other way to get these DAQ drivers.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,765 Views)

You can download them from NI.  Be warned, they are a big download.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,757 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author shjukheter

The story was end. I resolved my problem after seeing the "KnowledgeBase error" pecautions on NI site. Now the DAQ Assistance is working.

But I wonder how the MAX data is linked with these DAQ Assistance. Can some clear me how the MAX is linked with all these Labview Real time functions.

By the way i am using labview from two months.

Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,747 Views)