From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USB 6002 to adjust the gain of Multiplying DAC

I am trying to use NI USB 6002 in order to adjust the gain of a multiplying DAC. But I am not sure how to use the digital bits(from LSB to MSB) for this purpose.

The adjusted gain will be multiplied with the output voltage of a potentiometer until this becomes equal to the voltage across a metal line(sample).

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,138 Views)

And what is the problem, at what step?

Convert your scale U8 (or U16 depending on DAQ bitness) into 1D boolean array. Look at this boolean array. Least significant bit is the one that is on when you convert 1.

Create single channel multiple lines Digital Write task. Write boolean array, check voltages on outputs. Compare 5  V / 0 V values with true false in array if you are in doubt.

Connect board LSB (digital line 0) to LSB of the DAC. Etc.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,097 Views)

One more thing. To get help how to convert gain into boolean array, we need to know the format your daq requires: is it floating, fixed point, integer value.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,094 Views)

It is floating point.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,088 Views)

I have never used USB 6002 before. I tried looking for the help on the internet but could not get the information that I needed.

I will try the way you suggested. It would be great if you could help me with a image of the labview code that you are talking about. I am kind of new to labview as well.

Thanks,

Amit

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,084 Views)

Hi amit,

here's the UserGuide!

It's a simple DAQmx device supporting some AI, DIO and AO channels…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 6 of 7
(3,043 Views)

Thanks GerdW!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,028 Views)