From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USB 6000 series Pretriggering

Hi Newer (aka former mifta),

But StartTrigger actually start the data saving, right?

No, your VI will not magically "save data" when a trigger is received at the PFI pin.

Maybe I use different word, but I mean data saving is acquiring data.

Yes, the DAQmx task will start acquiring data when the StartTrigger is received…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 11 of 15
(540 Views)

How about like this:

while continuously collecting data (buffer) signal that goes to AI Port, the NI USB 6000 series also counting using Counter of PFI0.

If there is increment from counter, let say because of there is Rising Digital Signal on the port, so the buffer data stops, saving or acquiring the data, and stops until all the samples collecter.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(540 Views)

Hi Newer,

while continuously collecting data (buffer) signal … so the buffer data stops, saving or acquiring the data, and stops until all the samples collecter.

I don't know what you are trying to explain or ask here, but with your USB600x devices you need to implement all this in software.

Just do it!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(532 Views)

Okay, I will try.

I just wondering if I can:

do READING AI

while

COUNTING using PFI0 COounter

Yep, maybe you are right, I will try to implement.

Thanks a lot GerdW 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(527 Views)

I found an example HOW TO READING (or data acquiring) AI while also READING DIGITAL INPUT.

It is two function that happens in same time.

Maybe I will try to implement how to read AI while in parallel, counting user PFI0 counter.

That is all what I meant from the start 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(525 Views)