From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-TimeSync custom protocol

For the last 4 years, I've been using LV2016 and the SyncLabs NI-TimeSync 1.2D15 package to synchronize my PXIe controller system clock with an external system using a custom UDP time packet.  This has provided a fairly good way to synchronize these two systems (To within a few hundred us).

But now, I've been asked to upgrade the test system to LV2020 and find that the custom functionality of this package has never been incorporated into the production NI-TimeSync product.  Even worse, the NI-TimeSync production functionality has been merged into NI-Sync and there's no mention of NTP or custom system clock synchronization at all in the NI-Sync user manual (It's as if NI-TimeSync has just been abandoned entirely).

So, I have to ask the community if there's any other options?  Can a UDP based time stamp be used to discipline the controller (LV RT) system clock in the absence of the old SyncLabs NI-TimeSync package (I'm assuming the old package cannot be used with LV2020 or LVRT2020)?

Thanks,

XL600

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(761 Views)