LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI TEDS Library Not Present in LabVIEW 2018

According to the NI TEDS library info page, LabVIEW 2018 and later should include this library by default. However, I've installed developer versions of LabVIEW 2018 (both 64 and 32 bit) and do not see the TEDS library under vi.lib. 

I tried installing the TEDS library as described by this article and it does not appear to be working in LV2018, I receive an error stating that a template file cannot be found.

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019LmDSAU&l=en-US

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,527 Views)

The information in the Knowledge Base article you reference is definitely wrong.  But I did find some TEDs stuff in my LabVIEW 2016 and 2018 32-bit LabVIEW.  Open a Block Diagram and look in the following place:  Measurement I/O, NI DAQmx, Advanced.  There you should find a folder called DAQmx TEDS, which includes Configure, Write, and Clear TEDS, as well as a PhysChan Node.

What is TEDS?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,336 Views)

TEDS is Transducer Electronic Data Sheet. Its a technology that reduces manually calibrating test systems by programming calibration data into transducers like accelerometers and microphones. There are some good resources about TEDS on other NI pages: http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/54459/en/

Thanks for checking all that out, but the DAQmx TEDS library is not exactly what I'm looking for. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,324 Views)

Yes it's a supporting technology but in the case of NI it is part of DAQmx and not to surprisingly. Those sensors have an analog interface for the actual sensor signal so you need some kind of analog input conversion anyhow. The digital communication channel to transmit the data sheet is just an additional interface, either multiplexed on the same wire (Class1) or on a seperate wire pair (Class 2).

While you can, especially for Class 2 devices, also communicate with the digital interface independently of the analog functionality, it doesn't usually make a lot of sense without the analog interface functionality, even for test and characterization application for such sensors.

So I'm not quite sure what you are looking for then!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,205 Views)