LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI System Monitor. PXI chassis info? Where?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to update my system to LV 14 from 12.  However I used the NI System Monitor to read various temperatures and items from my PXI chassis.  It seems that the installer for NI System Monitor only works up through LV 12?  Is there a replacement?  Has this useful tool just been dropped?  Did NI just forget to update it for 2 years?

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-system-monitor-1.2.0/3550/en/

LabVIEW ChampionLabVIEW Channel Wires

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,378 Views)

Hey,

1.2.0 is our most recently updated version of NI System Monitor, and you are correct in saying that it only works up to LabVIEW 2012. I'm not sure what our official stance on continued development on this utility, I haven't been able to find any official releases or updates to the service.

Sorry for the inconvenience!  

Matt W.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,329 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sth
Have you tried using system configuration?

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-system-configuration-14.0/4723/en/

Check out the LabVIEW examples for some direction.
Craig H. | CLA CTA CLED | Applications Engineer | NI Employee 2012-2023
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,322 Views)

I'm with the blue bars on this Scott.  The system configuration API is the way to go.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,307 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

I'm with the blue bars on this Scott.  The system configuration API is the way to go.

I am fine with the "Blue Bars".  Or any decent bar or brew pub, but the Documentation then should mention that for newer versions the functionality have been superseded or replaced with the "System Configuration" API.  I don't mind switching API, but a little pointer on the road map goes a long way in helping one stay on track.  Especially for those of us who sometims leap frog versions!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,280 Views)

In all fairness,  the first version was rather limited.  By the time NI made the API useful, it was too late to throw a parade for it.  So, it has never been promoted as it deserves.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,270 Views)

Wow!  There is even a Mac OS X version!!!!  Hopefull this means the return of RT programming to the Mac!   What a great step forward!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,265 Views)

Actually the new replacement has examples that are almost identical to the test VIs I had under the old toolkit/addon.  Not sure what the working definition difference between toolkit and addon is....

However, found a bug in the Mac OS X toolkit.  And I think it also locked up my RT system.... Time for a walk down the hall to check on it....

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,257 Views)