LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI System Configuration: (Hex 0x8004041F) The operation failed because of missing dependency items.

Solved!
Go to solution

I went to start one of my vi's today and I get this message: NI System Configuration: (Hex 0x8004041F) The operation failed because of missing dependency items.

Does anyone know what this is or how to fix it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,717 Views)
Does this happen with any VI you try to deploy, or just certain ones?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,686 Views)

Are you starting a VI or deploying one?  Your post says one thing, the error another.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,665 Views)
Not necessarily, if you open a VI on a RT target and click the Run button, LV will first deploy and then run the VI on the target.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,656 Views)

@mikeporter wrote:
Not necessarily, if you open a VI on a RT target and click the Run button, LV will first deploy and then run the VI on the target.

Mike...

Oh!  I haven't used the RT environment before so it never occured to me that it could be the RT environment.  I had never seen that error before and usually a poster will state that they are using RT.

This is why I maintain that I haven't even reached the middle of the LV learning curve yet.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,647 Views)

It does it with any vi.     I used a collegues computer at work and ran/deployed the vi and had no issues.  It only happens on my computer.  I am really trying to avoid reinstalling....

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,614 Views)

Everything has been working for months.   I copied the exact same project onto my collegues computer and he had no issues. I had done a repair on my labview.  I am not attempting to do a full repair on all national instruments software..(time consuming).  Really wish I knew where to look or what exact program I should be repairing instead of all of them. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,605 Views)
Unfortunately you aren't provided with that level of detail. Did you happen to do anything about the time it stopped working? Install/remove software? OS update?

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,587 Views)

Since this is a company computer, I do not have admin rights to install/uninstall any programs.  I have to request admin rights to do so.  So as far as I know nothing was update nor did I change anything. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,583 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ms05

I finally fixed it.  After a full repair of all my National Instruments software didnt solve it.  I updated my labview, fpga, and Real-time to 2013 SP1.  Everything seems to be working again.  

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,544 Views)