LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Softmotion problem: Size of the buffer or array is incorrect

M3Thod,

Would it be possible for you to give me some details on your application and post the code you're using?  The more information we can supply R&D with, the better the chance they will arrive at a solution to this issue.  The code would be especially helpful as we can compare it to Bojan's (original poster) code and see if we can identify any commonality that may be causing this error.  Thank you so much for your help.

Regards,

Chris L
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(891 Views)

Hi!

First I must say, that reinstalling the whole LabView didn't fix the problem.

When the problem occurred, i was doing some simple testing on NI Softmotion Table,

I created a new one in NotePad and inserted four rows of numbers seperated only by space in two lines.

Then i imported new table file in Configure Table menu. While importing, module didn't show any of errors so I thought it's fine.

Then I clicked start simulation when NI SoftMotion module send me an error with the incorrect buffer.

And since then, the error keeps on showing, and my SoftMotion Module is useless.

I hope this information will help you to fix the problem

lab1.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(874 Views)

Hi M3Thod,

Thank you for providing the detailed explanation of the issue. I'll make sure to forward this to the NI SoftMotion developers. I'll let you know how things turn out. Thanks for taking the time to help us improve our products!

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(858 Views)

Hi M3thod,

Thanks for the reproduction steps. I believe the problem is occurring because you're using a space delimited text file for your contour table instead of tab delimited. While the table configuration dialog is able to handle space delimited files, when the file actually gets deployed, it expect tab delimited files. As a workaround, you should change your file to tab delimited. Here is an example: 

0 4

1 5                 This is bad!

2 6

3 7

0      4

1      5            This is good!

2      6

3      7

I have filed CAR 357980 to further investigate this behavior.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(846 Views)

Hello,

I am having the EXACT same issue. Any updates with this issue would be very helpful. Thanks

Below is a description of my system:

- 1 CRIO 9074

- 3 NI 9512 stepper control C modules

- 3 P70530 DC stepper power drives

- 3 P7000 connectivity bundles

- 2 NEMA 23 NI stepper motors (Danaher dual shaft motors with the encoder NI sells)

- 1 NEMA 34 PK296-03BA Oriental Motors stepper motor (also called Vexta)

- 3 PS-15 power supplies

- 1 PS-16 power supply

Software is as follows:

- LabVIEW 8.6.1 Profession Development Suite (2009)

- NI RIO 3.2.1 w/ Scan Engine support- Aug. 2009

- NI Motion 8.0

- LabVIEW NI SoftMotion 9.0

Also, below is a description of the sequence of events leading up to my error.

- performing a contour move (attached is my VI) and my 3 axes were moving just fine. I had them doing a simple circle with a 30 mm radius just to test the VI.

- then the x axis stalled and I'm not sure why because it was in the last quadrant of the circle so it had already performed moves for 3 quadrants (P70530 DC drive stalled produced a stall that is)

- this, I believe, caused the Y/Z axes to produce a 'position error occurred' warning even though I am using an open loop configuration

- the only way I know to get of these errors is to cycle the power to the entire setup which I did but the contour move VI was still running (axes weren't moving but the VI was not stopped) when I did this.

- I've cycled power before when an error occured with no issues but now I have this error

- I tried resetting my computer, re-cycling the power, rebooting the CRIO, reinstalling software on the CRIO with no luck

Please let me know the status of R&D with this issue and if any fixes or causes of the problem have been found.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 26
(821 Views)

Hi,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I fixed my problem. Not sure if it will work for everyone else but I tried one last thing before giving up hope. I deleted my table from my LabVIEW project and tried to run the Contour Move VI again. I then got the usual error that a resource was missing because the table was gone. I then followed the directions and simply went to the Utilities > Compare Project and System and undeployed the table.

Then wahlah, hopefully it works for everyone else too!

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 26
(818 Views)