From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-Scope waveform image to file

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a NI-Scope module in a PXIe chassis. After capturing data for a few milliseconds, I wire the acquired data to a Waveform Chart or Graph, I do not remember which one I selected. The graph looks great. I use the actual data to compute minimum and maximum voltage measurements for my test. This test is part of an automated TestStand sequence. I have been asked to save the waveform image, contained within the Waveform Chart or Graph, to a file.

1. Does anyone know how to save the image to a file? I know that I can right click on the Waveform Chart or Graph and perform an export, as a simplified image, to a file. I could not find a LabVIEW method to do that automatically, as yet.

2. This relates to TestStand and this may not be the forum to ask this. Is there a method to pass the simplified image back to TestStand so that the simplified image can be displayed in the test report rather than have it located in a separate file? I could pass back that the image was saved in a file and try to find a method in TestStand to paste the file into the report.

Thank you for any recommendations.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,065 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bill2021

If you right-click the graph or its terminal you'll see can create an Invoke Node that offers several methods for saving an image of the graph along with a couple other goodies.  Check those out and see if they will do what you need...

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 2 of 3
(2,051 Views)

Thank you !!!

I should have thought of that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,969 Views)