LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Portable Configuration 4.7.0 Installation has failed with the following error Internal error 2203

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear Reader,

some advice please, I can't find anyone else with a similar problem on the Forums, or I am looking in the wrong place.

I am experiencing difficulty with installing an evaluation version of 64 bit LabView 2010 on a Windows 7 Lenovo ThinkPad laptop. I have tried three attempts at installing and uninstalling and I get different error messages each time. I have run as administrator and ensured no other software is running, with partial succes. I have got to the stage where the application looks like it is running, but after a "failed installation" message. So I don't know what underlying problems there might be if I proceed with evaluation, I suspect that the installation is damaged.

The Update Service indicates that there is an update, but the Service is in a loop where the green bar advances to around 90% and then starts again at around 10% at a frequency of once every 8 seconds or so. Looking at my Internet traffic, I don't see evidence of any update being downloaded.

I have attached some screen shots, I can add some more if needed/being given the opportunity to. The files triggering an internal error during installation vary. For example 124f989.ipi with -2147287035; 2aa73f.pip with -2147287035; and a448f2.ipi.

I have also seen error 1310 with 1becbcb.msi; and NI Logos XT support installation failure; Error 2 :Failed to perform action License Manager Updating OS Compatibility.

At risk of leading Readers away from what might be the actual cause but for completeness purposes, note that the laptop's power saving was originally set at 15 minutes prior to sleeping, so maybe there were some download/partial installation issues.

Any suggestions as regards the best solution please?

Thanks, Alex

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,476 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author alexsch

I don't know if you have one or two problems here.  But the issue with the update service sounded familiar.

Take a look at this link.  I'd try that first, and if you're lucky, maybe the other issues will go away as well.

Message 2 of 3
(4,456 Views)

Thank you, I tried the link you suggested to update the Installer, that worked and then a LabView patch was downloaded. So the LabView evaluation software is running as far as I can tell (although that was the case without the patch - but I bet I would have struck a problem sooner or later given the time that the patch took to update the software).

Nicely caught that I actually had two problems!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,441 Views)