LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Package Manager can't finish repairing (because of LabVIEW custom installer)

Hi all,

I was trying to repair my LV 2019 development because there was some funny issues with the app builder and some other things. I of course had to use NIPM. My favorite feature of NIPM is that if the very last item on the list of repairs fails, the entire repair is thrown out and you get to start from square one. 

That fun dialog that says "Please locate the distribution to repair XXX product" came up at the very end of the repair asking for some installer that I had built for a customer. I must made the fallible decision to test an installer on my computer... I can never seem to solve this issue, even if I go dig to try to find that old installer. 

So I went digging through the registry to see why it might be asking for this installer (which was for LV 2016, not 2019, by the way). There's a bunch of keys in there relating this custom installer to "VC2008RTE x86". Can anyone tell me what this is and maybe give me a better solution that uninstalling and reinstalling 2019 altogether??

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,092 Views)

I have the same issue when trying to repairing NI MAX (that's now as shaky as it was in the early 2000's) in NI package manager, it asks for the distrubition package for JKI package manager.

Why can't just NI ship with JKI package manager directly instead of adding another layer of complexity (that they clearly cannot handle)?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(810 Views)