LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-PXI 4472 and 4472B, AC - Coupling Hardware information.

Hi,

I need to know what kind of hardware is implemented in 447X DSA boards and how works this.
According to the manual, 4472 has a cutoff frequency in 3.4 Hz, and 4472B in 0.5 Hz (for AC- Coupling). What is the main reason to have this two DAQ alternatives?.

Where can i find information related to this?, Hardware, implementation, etc.

Is there any other difference between 4472 and 4472B?

Any information will be helpful.
Thanks,

JFT
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,911 Views)
JFT,

Thanks for making your post. The question that you posed, regarding the differences between the 4472 and the 4472B, is actually a relatively common question.

As you noted in your post, "According to the manual, 4472 has a cutoff frequency in 3.4 Hz, and 4472B in 0.5 Hz (for AC- Coupling)." This is actually the only difference between the two devices. In order to understand the reason for the difference between the two boards, I will quote 4472B's product page which states that:

"The National Instruments PXI-4472B, an extension of the NI 4472 family, is optimized for vibration and low-frequency AC measurements."

Basically the 4472B is a 4472 board specifically designed to be able to measure the 0.5 - 3.4 Hz signals that the 4472's filters remove from the signal. Otherwise it is identical to the 4472.

I hope that helps to clarify. Please post back if you have any questions that this forum can help you with.

Regards,
Jed R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(1,890 Views)
Ok, thanks a lot.
And about the Hardware, where can i find information?. I need to know, for example, what kind of capacitor or resistor has the filter, or if it has any kind of digital "treatment" or something unusual...

Thanks again,

JFT
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,880 Views)