LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PCI 6515 DIO and NI PCI 4065 DMM cards configuration

I am using NI PCI 6515 DIO card and NI PCI 4065 digital multimeter.I haven't any card yet and it will take some days to have them. I have installed these cards drivers. Is there any way that i can configure them in my software. I have added them virtually in MAX. Please suggest me possible ways i am using labview 8.5

timmy
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,938 Views)

I can see NI 6515 card in MAX devices and interfaces. That means its virtually added to device list. Now how can i use it in labview or where in labview i can find ni 6515 specific functions. Please guide me with ni 6515 and ni 4065 cards

timmy
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,927 Views)

Hi Timmy,

Both the PCI-6515 and PCI-4065 can be simulated in MAX. If you want to see examples of code for specific hardware you can go to the Help menu in LabVIEW, Find Examples, and in the bottom left hand corner choose the PCI-6515 or the PCI-4065 and check the Limit results to hardware box. This will narrow the examples to ones which can be used with the specific hardware.

Sunaina K.
Product Marketing Manager for CompactRIO & TSN

Making the intangible, tangible
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,911 Views)

Thanks Sunaina.

But I didn't found any examples regarding pci 6515 and 4065. I also searched C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\examples. I am uploading some screen shots may b am missing some steps. please help me with this

timmy
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,897 Views)

Hi Timmy,

It appears at there are no built in example for PCI-6515 and PCI-4065 for LabVIEW 8.5. If you go to ni.com/examples there should be a good starting point for the PCI-6515. Also, the NI Digital Multimeter Help manual goes into depth about program flow and the NI DMM VI's.

http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/C857DCF0A0A5FD15862575A60080C18C

Sunaina K.
Product Marketing Manager for CompactRIO & TSN

Making the intangible, tangible
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,866 Views)
There are examples for the 6515 if you install the correct driver and look in the right place. You need DAQmx and look in the digital generation and digital measurements.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,860 Views)

Thanks Sunaina once again and thanks Denis. Denis kindly take a look at pics i had uploaded. Is there any problem with my drivers

timmy
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,840 Views)
Yes. You do not have the DAQmx driver installed. Click on the support link at the top of the page.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,836 Views)