LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PCI-6259 rename

Hi

I am trying to run some code programed by other in my new computer. I got into the problem with th DAQmx create channel (AI-Votage-Basic).vi. It said that the identifier is invalide: it requires Dev2.

I try to change my DAQ to Dev but have problem renaming my NI PCI-6259 in MAX. I could not find any where to change its alias.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,261 Views)

Did you right click the device and try to rename? Also check the "Data Neighbourhood" for the Task created for the Data acquisition.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,248 Views)

There is no right click menuel for my NI PCI-6259. If I click Data Neighbourhood, it just keeps searching and never ends.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,222 Views)

Which version of MAX are you using? and what is the LabVIEW version?

-----

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,219 Views)

My MAX is NI System Configuration 5.6  and my LabVIEW version is 7.1

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,216 Views)
Are you an admin on the computer? You need to be.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,212 Views)

Yes, I am. I can rename some other instruments, but not NI PCI-6259.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,199 Views)

Can you remove the device and try to add it again and check? Is the card really present?

-----

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,194 Views)

Are you getting a conflict when you are trying to rename this device? If yes, try this: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/FF9EEE0B28569617862573210073B69F

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,161 Views)

Actually I am trying to run someone's code in a new computer, and I got an error at DAQmx Create Channel.vi. It said the device identifier is invalid (it used Dev2) . So I checked my MAX , but I could not find any alias for my NI DAQ as that in the old computer. I tried to find a way to change its name, but here is no response for right click. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,173 Views)