LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PCI 6225: How to start and stop an acquisition using triggers

Hi,

Hi already spent two days reading the previous post on start/stop trigger and end up with just a complet breakdown....

I'm using a NI PCI 6225 for a project on brain activity.

I want to start the aquisition of 10 channels at 1Khz on a first trigger (i.e. portline 0) and stop it on a second trigger (i.e. portline 1). The duration of the recording should not exceed 5min.

Any help will really be apreciated as well as some explanations. I'm not an expert but I do can understand if I'm being explained...slowly. I hope this post will not contribute additionally to the/my confusion on this topic....

Thanks for your attention and help,

OD

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,456 Views)

Hi,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to stop the acquisition with a second trigger (just start the task). There are some approaches to what you need, but not exactly the same. Please take a look to the next example.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/5028

I think the only way to perform what you need will be by software and with all the consideration about timing that you should already know.

Regards,

Richard.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,421 Views)

Thanks for the answer Richard.

NI should really wok on that because it's somewhere stupide to have to use some other environements to perform this kind of task using their own cards :(.

Thanks,

Olivier 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,418 Views)