LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI OPC license expire in OPC Configuration but fine in NI License manager

I'm using NI OPC server 2016.  In the last month the my applications where starting to freeze and I discover the it was the OPC license that is switching in demo mode.  But when I'm looking in LIcense Manager it appears fine...  It start after a windows update, build 1019 I think.  

I need to stop and restart the service using the OPC taskbar icon to have the OPC communication back.

Anybody having the same issue?  It's happening on 2 systems.  One with single license and the other one with the unlimited license.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,550 Views)

Looks like it's a third party driver (GE Ethernet) which throws the invalid licence error

ge ethernet device driver.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,487 Views)

No it's the OPC drivers that I'm using to communicate with a Fanuc robot.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,482 Views)

@Pascal.C wrote:

No it's the OPC drivers that I'm using to communicate with a Fanuc robot.

what's this opc driver supposed to be?

@Pascal.C wrote:

I need to stop and restart the service using the OPC taskbar icon to have the OPC communication back.

From the changelog, it appears to be obvious, why restarting works.

Do you have to manually restart every two hours?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,469 Views)

It's a driver include in NI OPC Server.  It's the GE Ethernet drivers to communication with GE Fanuc PLC and also with the Fanuc robots.

No it's happening randomly a few time per week for the last 2-3 weeks.  That applcation has been running over a year without issue then suddently we are loosing the license...  In this case it was after a reboot of the PC the demo mode start, but it happened also during normal running condition that the license switch to demo mode suddentely...  That freeze my application when the demo mode is expiring...  Was not able to find a link with antivirus action, windows error (except some SearchUI.exe crash but not necessarly in the same time).  The only thing is the windows 10 update 1019 that was applied about two month ago.  That cause another network card (use to communicate with camera) to loose it's jumbo packet setting.  But setting of the network card that use the OPC driver seems to be the same...

Message 5 of 9
(2,464 Views)

@Pascal.C wrote:

It's a driver include in NI OPC Server.  It's the GE Ethernet drivers to communication with GE Fanuc PLC and also with the Fanuc robots.

[...] it's happening randomly a few time per week for the last 2-3 weeks.  That applcation has been running over a year without issue then suddently we are loosing the license...

This sound like being a candidate for a bug-fix

Have you contacted your NI representative about this issue?

@Pascal.C wrote:

The only thing is the windows 10 update 1019 that was applied about two month ago.  That cause another network card (use to communicate with camera) to loose it's jumbo packet setting.  But setting of the network card that use the OPC driver seems to be the same...

Do you have a backup?

on an affected PC, can you downgrade to an earlier Windows 10 Version?

maybe it helps to re-install windows via the Media Creation Tool ...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,416 Views)

It's my client's PC on their network so it's almost impossible to reinstall...

Not sure you I should contact, I don't have a valid SSP currently...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,395 Views)

@Pascal.C wrote:

It's my client's PC on their network so it's almost impossible to reinstall...

Not sure you I should contact, I don't have a valid SSP currently...

I would. You have bought that license which entitles you to use your product.

And you have been using it for quite some time without issues.

It appears to me, your case is a known-issue:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8M6SAK&l=de-DE

• My NI OPC Servers window warns me that it is in Evaluation Mode and will expire in 2 hours; does this mean it is not activated?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,383 Views)

I think I've found a solution to that.  I've first disable the 'Auto-Launch' of the NI OPC Server Administration in the NI OPC Servers Settings.  Then in 'OPC UA Configuration Manager' in the 'Server Endpoints' tab I've duncheck the 'Enable' checkbox.  After that I was able to restart the PC without having the 'demo mode' turning on.

OPC_UA_Config_Disable.png

OPC SERVER Auto-Start.png

  

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,329 Views)