LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI MyRIO not showing up in LabVIEW project manager but it shows up in NI MAX

Solved!
Go to solution

For some reason, the NI MyRIO is not showing up in the labview project manager, but it does show up in NI MAX. I attempted to follow the instructions given here: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019OKvSAM&l=en-US. but this made no difference. Here's what my NI MAX shows.

image.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,455 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author umairzaidi

Did you see that the myRIO shows up as a "Remote System"?  This means that you need to install the LabVIEW Real-Time Module, which is designed to interact with "Remote Systems" running a Real-Time Operating System (the myRIO runs NI Linux Real-Time).

Unfortunately, LabVIEW 2020 has "incomplete" support for the myRIO.  In particular, the myRIO Software Toolkit, which provides a special LabVIEW "Environment" called LabVIEW for myRIO, and includes Project Templates and a number of Express VIs that handle some of the communication with the myRIO's FPGA (which does most of the Heavy Lifting that makes this such a nice peripheral).

My recommendation, assuming you are not a real expert in LabVIEW and LabVIEW RT, with experience in FPGA programming, is that you see if you can install LabVIEW 2019, which does support the myRIO Software Toolkit.  In order to install LabVIEW 2019 and LabVIEW 2019 RT, you might need to remove LabVIEW 2020 (it will certainly be much easier to install LabVIEW 2019 if there is no other LabVIEW version installed).

I'm currently doing some development on the myRIO using LabVIEW 2019.  About two months ago, I did explore whether LabVIEW 2020 supported the myRIO, and discovered that it did (this was in response to another Post on the LabVIEW Forum), but I also verified that the myRIO Toolkit was not available, and neither was the myRIO Programming Environment.  Maybe LabVIEW 2021?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,439 Views)

I do have the Real-Time Module installed! That's why it's so wierd to me that this isn't working. I think I will take your advice and try to install LabVIEW 2019 instead. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,437 Views)