LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Max fails to launch

Hello NI Community,

My laptop recently started to not be able to open NI Max (I have not installed anything in a long time). NI Max crashes on start up to an error reporting window (I have attached a screenshot of the window). I have searched google and this forum for an answer, but nothing I have tried has worked. I have already reinstalled LabVIEW as well as removing any 3rd party device drivers. Beyond this I am stumped. I am running Windows 7 (64-bit) with LabVIEW 2016 (Note: I can launch LabVIEW with no problems).

Thanks,

-B 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,587 Views)

Did you install device drivers after LabVIEW install? That should fix your problem.

If you use LV 2016, you should install NI-DAQmx 16.1.

You can find all DAQmx versions here:

http://www.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/tech/lang/en/pg/1/sn/catnav:du,n8:3478.41.181.5495,s...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,542 Views)

Have you installed the LabVIEW 2016f5 Update?  I had a similar problem several months ago when I installed this update.  I believe I fixed it by doing a full uninstall/reinstall of LabVIEW (I had several versions installed, but not LabVIEW 2017, which does not install correctly with my set of Toolboxes and Modules) and not allowing the 2016f5 Update to install.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,539 Views)

Hi Blokk,

I tried your solution but it did not solve the problem. I still cannot launch NI MAX. I have attached the dump file that gets generated when NI MAX fails to launch.

Brendin

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,485 Views)

Hi Bob,

I tried your solution but it did not solve the problem. I even reinstalled LabVIEW a third time with the same result. I attached the dump file that gets generated when NI MAX fails to launch and attached it to a reply to another members suggestion in this thread.

Brendin

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,484 Views)