LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-Max Crashing MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4

I am running on MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4, LabVIEW 2017 and NI-VISA 2018 but I'm unable to use VISA. Whenever I try and open NI-MAX, it pops up initially before crashing. Similarly, if I try and open up example code for instrument drivers it crashes LabVIEW. I have reinstalled all applications (as recommended on another forum post) but can't resolve this issue. Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,046 Views)

Hi TomMc!

Are you using NI-VISA 18.0 or NI-VISA Run-Time Engine 18.0? Does it give you a specific error text or code when it crashed? Do you have any hints in your system's log?

I have one first thing to check for you: This type of problem typically appears, when at the first installation of NI software, the security permission were not set correctly. As far as I know this has to be done in a window that pops up during installation. (I don't have any Mac myself anymore, so I haven't seen it for a long time.) This setting will be saved and will not appear again! So be aware that this permission window does not show during the reinstallation, as the MacOS saves the setting.

The setting can be changed in the security settings of MacOS system.

Ingo – LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, NXG 2.0, 2.1, 3.0
CLADMSD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,008 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've checked the permissions and changed them so that they're all available for both read and write but unfortunately I still get the continual crashing.

When it crashes, I get the Macs 'application closed unexpectedly' but I can't make head nor tail of the error message. I've attached it in a word document - any insight you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,002 Views)

Hello TomMc,

I tried to grab hold of a MacBook. Unfortunately, I could only find one with MacOS 10.13.3 from a friend. I did a fresh installation of NI System Configuration 18.0 and NI-Visa 18.0, and could not make it crash via fiddling around with the configuration.

Have you already tried uninstalling and installing these packages (again)?

P.S.: In case this is connected to your installation of LabVIEW 2017: Yesterday the SP1 f3 patches were published.

Ingo – LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, NXG 2.0, 2.1, 3.0
CLADMSD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,990 Views)

This NI-MAX Will not Load on Mac High Sierra OS KB article may resolve this issue. It describes how to allow National Instruments software to load if it is currently blocked.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,262 Views)