LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-MAX not recognising PXIe modules

Hi all,

I've ran into a problem in which NI-MAX does not recognise any PXIe Modules in a Chassis, only the controller. The System Web Server, Network Settings, and Time Settings also do not work through NI-MAX. Everything appears correctly through the web-based configuration page and LabVIEW itself.

This issue came about after the server was updated. Unfortunately, I do not know what updates were made as the server is deployed on-site and is not managed by myself.

All software was reinstalled on the Server & the PXIe Chassis but it did not fix the issue. The server runs on Windows Server 2012 R2 64bit - I've made sure all software is compatible with this OS.

I've also attached NI-MAX reports for both the server and the PXIe Chassis.

Any help would be appreciated!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,735 Views)

Hi Mpolaszyk,

From your description, it looks like your chassis does not seem to be detecting your PXIe modules. As such, please look at the steps in this knowledge article: PXI Chassis Slot Won't Recognize PXI Modules.

Kind regards,

Honn Son

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,682 Views)

Hi Honn,

As I have already said, the PXIe modules are detected correctly but do not show up in NI MAX. They are also fully operational in LabVIEW.

The article you linked to addresses completely different issues.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,667 Views)

Hi MPolaszyk,

Apologies for the misunderstanding. If your modules are working in LabVIEW but not in NI MAX, it may be due to a corrupted NI MAX Database or NI MAX being corrupted itself. I would try resetting the NI MAX Database and reinstalling NI MAX if resetting the database does not solve the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,662 Views)

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

Unfortunately, we have tried resetting the database twice now; before reinstalling all the software and afterwards (when reinstalling didn't fix the issue).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,660 Views)